Systems Operations Manager/Director - 16 years in the fire industry
Jason Morrone is one of the inaugural directors of Firesafe Systems and is rated as one of the top up and coming identities within the Western Australian fire industry. Although he has been an active participant within the fire industry over the past 16 years, his rise to the top began after the completion of a Fire Sprinkler apprenticeship and then when in 1999 at the age of 23 he was promoted to Site Supervisor Leading Hand of a large Shopping Centre redevelopment (Westfield’s Carousel), under the tuition of Ray Orchard Senior (Project Manager).
Jason’s 16 years within the fire industry has provided a great opportunity for growth and offered the opportunity to participate on a broad range of projects from multi storey high rise buildings, major shopping centres, distribution centres (warehouses) to projects within the resource sector. His hands on approach, experience, knowledge and ability to identify new methods of installation make Jason an integral part of all Firesafe projects.
As a Director, Jason’s role within our organisation differs from day to day, however his main task is the overall management of site labour, attending meetings with Firesafe Project Managers, Procurement Officers and Fabrication Manager. Jason also represents our company in meetings with authorities such as Leading Industry Consultants, Fire Enginerrs, FESA (Fire Emergency & Safety Authroity), the City of Perth Building Surveyors and Independent Third Party Certifiers. He works closely with our Project Managers, Site Supervisors/Leading Hands offering support and provides advanced installation knowledge, new methods of installation and new products available in the market to best assist our onsite management. He also works closely with the Procurement Manager and Fabrication Manager to ensure the correct materials arrive on site to meet project schedules.
Some of the major projects Jason has been involved with are:
- High Rise Developments – Knoxville Office Tower, Raine Square, 99 St George’s Terrace
- Resource Projects – Newgen Power Station Kwinana, Kwinana Desalination Plant, Bulong Nickel Western Mining in Kambalda, Bronze Wing Gold, Murrin Murrin Leonora, Angnew Gold Leinster
- Warehouses – Coventry’s Distribution Centre, Smith Snack Food, Hobson Engineering & Woolworths Distribution Centre built by Multiplex Construction
- Shopping Centres – Midland Gate Shopping Centre and Garden City Shopping Centre by Multiplex Construction
- Shopping Centres – Carousel Shopping Centre and Innaloo Shopping Centre by Westfield Design & Construct
- Perth Entertainment & Convention Centre by Multiplex Construction