Systems Managing Director – 40 years in the Fire Industry
Ray Orchard Senior for many years has played a leading role in the Western Australian fire industry. He has been an active participant for over 40 years and possesses an invaluable wealth of experience and knowledge. He has played a major role in a large number of blue chip projects within Western Australia. His experiences cover a broad range of projects from multi storey high rise buildings, major shopping centres, distribution centres (warehouses), to projects within the resource sector.
Due to his vast experience, Ray’s role within our organisation differs from day to day, however on a consistent basis he provides review of drawings and hydraulic calculations for the majority of projects before they are issued to the client for approval. Ray continuously represents our company in meetings with authorities such as Leading Industry Consultants, Fire Engineers, FESA (Fire Emergency & Safety Authority), the City of Perth Building Surveyors, FM Global Insurance and Independent Third Party Certifiers.
He is always available to our project managers for technical support and provides an excellent sound board for new ideas and methods of installation.
Some of the more significant projects Ray has been involved with are listed below:
- Hollywood Hospital
- Raine Square Development- $550 million dollar project nearing completion, consisting of 22 levels of office space, 3 levels of shopping arcades and 3 levels of basement car park.
- Salta Construction
- High Rise Residential Developments such as Rise Apartments, Sky Apartments, 99 St George Tce
- High Rise Developments such as Exchange Plaza & Westralia Square – both for Multiplex Construction
- Perth Convention and Entertainment Centre – Multiplex Construction
- Major extensions to the Blue Chip Shopping Centre’s such as Midland Gate Shopping Centre, Garden City Shopping Centre & Morley Galleria Shopping Complex which were all completed by Multiplex Construction
- Other shopping centres that Ray participated in were Innaloo Shopping Centre, Whitfords Shopping Centre & Carousel Shopping Centre for Wesfield Design & Construct
- Resource Projects Alcoa – Pinjarra & Kwinana Conveyor fire protection systems
- Dampier Iron Ore – 7 mile yard fire sprinkler systems, Ampol Albany – Foam system for the fuel farm, Ampol Karratha Point Samson – Foam system for the fuel farm & Swan Cement Kwinana – Conveyor fire protection systems.
fire protection systems.